- The camp is in need of several windows for our girls dorm. We will be repairing where we can, but we really need new windows for the entire building. If you are interested in helping us with this project, please let the office know and we can provide you with sizes (even replacing one or two windows at a time will make a big difference).
- Windows are also needed for our Last Mountain Cabin. Currently this four season cabin has three single pane windows in the living and dining rooms, and as you can imagine the cabin becomes quite cold in winter and hot in summer as a result. Again, sizes can be provided by the office if you’d like to donate one or more windows to this project.
Donate to a Project
- Cymric Renovation – Phase 1 of the project was completed in May 2016! Phase 2 will include installing a new bathroom and wash station in the building, which would include a new septic tank as well. This portion of the project will cost $3000.
- Canoe Replacement – This year we have had to remove two canoes from our current fleet. These canoes were damaged during high winds a couple of years ago, and although repairs were attempted, the damage has proven to be too much for continued use. We have a third canoe that has damage and holes above the water line that also needs to be replaced. We have received a great deal on canoes from a supplier in Saskatoon, but they still come with a significant cost. To replace our canoes will cost $970 per canoe.
- Water Inflatables – With such an extensive waterfront, it makes sense to develop a safe and enjoyable play area in the water. We would like to purchase inflatable platforms such as the Splash Trax line found at www.ravesports.com/trampolines-bouncers/water-fun. These would allow us to develop a unique aquatic playground, taking full advantage of our beautiful lake. Each platform costs between $850 – $1500, and in this case, the more we have the more enjoyable the lake will be.
Other Ways to Help
Volunteer – we are always on the lookout for volunteers. Whether you want to drive the boat for a week, help out in maintenance or housekeeping, or want to help our program staff make the week unforgettable, we can use you. We have a special need for qualified lifeguards, so if you or someone you know can fill this role for us for a week this summer, let us know.
Donate – Arlington Beach Camp and Conference Centre is a not for profit organization that relies on the donations of its supporters. Whether you make a one-time donation or sign up for a pre-authorised monthly donation (PAD), we are always grateful for any help you can give. To put it in perspective, a PAD of only $40/month would equal $480/year for the camp, which is also a nice tax receipt for you in the spring. If only 100 people sign up at that amount, we would be able to focus on what matters, which is the kids, and not simply on paying bills.
Come To Camp – This is why we are here! Send your kids, book a retreat, organize a family reunion, come to Family Camp (if you haven’t been before, it is an amazing experience)…explore the many things that we have to offer you and your family and friends. Arlington exists to provide a place where people can meet with God in a beautiful natural setting. Don’t let this opportunity pass you by! It’s always a great day at the lake.